Thursday, February 28, 2013

OPENING EXHIBIT AND FILM BEV GRANT





3/2/13 @6PM OPENING EXHIBIT AND FILM BEV GRANT’S 1968 MISS AMERICA BEAUTY PAGENT PROTEST



Submitted by Bev Grant who has a photo exhibit that starts on March 2nd and will run for 3 weeks. 

The opening will kick off Women's History Month at the Two Moon Art House & Cafe, where I have been co-presenting an acoustic music series with Carolann Solebello for the past year. In the late 60's and early 70's I was a photo journalist and filmmaker working with Liberation News Service (an alternative media news service) and NY Newsreel (a political documentary filmmaking collective). In addition to the photo exhibit, I will be showing a short film I co-produced called Up Against the Wall Miss America, showing slides of additional photos from that demonstration and others, facilitating some discussion with other second wave feminists who attended, and singing some songs. I hope you'll join me. Two Moon has good food, beer and wine, homemade pastries, coffee, tea., etc., and is run by two young community minded women whose idea it was that I do this exhibit. I hope you can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment